Crew Leader – Property Maintenance
The Maintenance Crew Leader directly supervises crew members, to provide grounds maintenance services for residential and commercial properties. The crew leader works alongside the team members to provide the leadership, experience, and skills necessary to deliver a quality finished product and excellent customer service. The crew leader is responsible for interaction with the customer, safety of the team, and the success of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a crew of 2 team members on a daily basis.
- Complete required documentation of time and materials used on a daily basis.
- Complete daily maintenance routs within budgeted hours and on schedule.
- Lead by example and help team members to grow and develop their skills.
- Build and uphold a culture of professionalism by adhering to the company core values.
- Keep work vehicle and equipment clean and organized.
- Properly care for and maintain all equipment assigned to the crew.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years combined industry experience in landscape installation.
- Proficient in the use of all commercial zero turn and walk behind mowing equipment.
- Experience leading, organizing and managing multiple people.
- Proficient skill level in pruning, edging, mulching, and other grounds maintenance tasks.
- Able to properly mix and apply chemicals and fertilizer according to labels.
- Able to identify and treat for common diseases and problems in the landscape.
- Good communication skills. (Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and qualifying MVR for company auto insurance
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and charismatic demeanor at all times.
- Able to interact professionally with customers, team members, and others at all times.
- Generally M-F 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. with some Saturdays required during peak season.
- Required to work outdoors in seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather)
- Superior family oriented company culture built on respect & professionalism.
- Drug free workplace promoting diversity in the workforce.
- Company culture of “safety first” at all times.
- Numerous opportunities for training and advancement within the company
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation of $14.00 to $18.50 per hour based on skills and experience
- Opportunities for overtime during the busy seasons
- Incentive structure allowing for additional earnings
- Paid vacation (PTO) and 7 paid holidays after one year
- Simple IRA plan available after one year (3% match)
- Health insurance provided after 90 days