Irrigation Service Technician
The Irrigation Service technician is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing commercial and residential irrigation systems. The technician works independently to respond to service call requests and is responsible for interaction with the customer in a timely manner to deliver exceptional customer service and reliable performance of the watering systems. This year round position does involve installation duties during the off season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to work independently without the need for close supervision.
- Complete required documentation of time and materials used on a daily basis.
- Respond to all calls in a timely manner and provide excellence in customer service.
- Build and uphold a culture of professionalism by adhering to the company core values.
- Keep work vehicle and equipment clean and organized.
- Properly care for and maintain all equipment assigned to service vehicle.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years combined experience in RES/COM irrigation service.
- Have completed advanced irrigation industry training certificate (Preferred).
- Able to program and operate a wide range of irrigation controllers.
- Good working knowledge diagnostic and tracking equipment.
- Trained in the installation and service of 2-wire systems.
- Experienced in diagnosing and repairing pump systems.
- Able to use hydraulic charts to determine proper flow and pipe sizing.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and qualifying MVR for company auto insurance
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and charismatic demeanor at all times.
- Able to interact professionally with customers, team members, and others at all times.
- Generally M-F 7:15 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. with some Saturdays required during peak season.
- Required to work outdoors in seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather)
- Required to be “on call” for weekend and after hours emergency service (rotational duty)
- Superior family oriented company culture built on respect & professionalism.
- Drug free workplace promoting diversity in the workforce.
- Company culture of “safety first” at all times.
- Numerous opportunities for training and continuing education
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation of $20.00 to $24.00 per hour based on skills and experience
- Opportunities for overtime during the busy seasons
- Paid vacation (PTO) and 7 paid holidays after one year
- Simple IRA plan available after one year (3% match)
- Health insurance provided after 90 days