Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
These are entry-level, temporary/full-time positions with Puryear Farms, Inc. that require supervision. On-the-job training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment.
- Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mulching, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, assisting with sprinkler installation, and installation of mortarless segmental concrete masonry wall units.
- Must lift/carry 50 lbs., when necessary.
- Saturday work required, when necessary.
- Post-hire post-accident drug testing required of foreign and domestic workers.
- Post-hire background check and employment eligibility (e-Verify) check required of foreign and domestic workers.
Employer pays in advance or reimburses workers in the first workweek for all government-mandated and visa-related fees (excluding passport fees). For non-local workers (i.e., residing outside normal commuting distance), employer will reimburse inbound travel costs not already paid in advance no later than upon completion of the first half of the contract (the 50 percent point). Inbound travel includes transportation costs from workers permanent residence or place of recruitment to the place of employment, a daily subsistence for meals, and reasonable lodging costs, if applicable. Subsistence reimbursements based on rates specified in the Federal Register (currently $14.00 per day minimum, or $59.00 per day maximum for workers with acceptable receipts). Transportation reimbursements based on workers actual cost, not to exceed the most economical common carrier transportation costs for distances involved. Employer provides or pays outbound travel costs to same workers upon completion of the contract period or early dismissal, except where the worker has subsequent employment.
Employer guarantees to offer hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total contract period, beginning with the first workday after the worker arrives at the place of employment and ending on the contract end date or any extension thereof. Employer may count all hours worked, as well as any hours offered within the standard work schedule that a worker chooses to not work, up to the maximum number of daily hours on the job order.
Workers who voluntarily abandon employment are not entitled to payment for outbound travel costs or the full three-fourths period guarantee described above.
Employer will provide without charge company-specific uniform and all tools, supplies and equipment necessary to perform duties assigned. If needed, employer will assist in arranging optional worker-paid lodging for hired foreign and non-local U.S. workers.
- Wage rate is no less than $16.04 per Hour.
- Overtime hours vary at: $24.06 per Hour.
- Raises and/or bonuses may be offered to any worker in the specified occupation, at the companys sole discretion, based on individual factors including work performance, skill, and tenure.
- A single workweek will be used to compute wages due.
- The payroll period is weekly.
- Workers are paid by check on Friday.
- The standard work schedule is from 7:00 AM until 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Employer will offer 40 hours per week. Employer may offer more than the stated work hours, depending on weather, business needs, and other conditions. Extreme heat, cold, rain, or drought may affect exact working hours.
Employer makes all payroll deductions required by law. Employer does not envision other workforce-wide payroll deductions. Voluntary deductions must be pre-authorized in writing and may include the following: Voluntary advances and/or loans made to workers, if any, may be repaid by pre-authorized payroll deductions. Employer will deduct for the reasonable fair market value cost of rent and utilities based on number of occupants for workers who voluntarily elect to live in employer-offered housing. The employer offers optional employee health insurance to its workers; participation in any such plan is voluntary. Employer provides first set of uniforms at no cost to workers. Additional uniforms are available for purchase by the worker. Such purchases are optional and for the workers benefit.
1490 Cherokee Rd. Gallatin, TN 37066 and multiple worksites within Davidson, Sumner, and Wilson counties. Employer will offer daily transportation to and from the worksite from a centralized designated pick-up place at no cost to workers. Use of this transportation is voluntary. Employer provides incidental transport between job sites.