Lawn Spray Technician – Landscaping
The lawn spray technician is responsible for completing lawn application treatments to provide proper fertilization as well as disease and insect control in turf grass areas. The technician works independently to complete the assigned route and is responsible for interaction with the customer to deliver exceptional customer service and visible results. This year round position does involve general landscape duties during the off season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to work independently without the need for close supervision.
- Complete required documentation of time and materials used on a daily basis.
- Safe application of liquid or dry products in adherence to all local and state regulations.
- Build and uphold a culture of professionalism by adhering to the company core values.
- Keep work vehicle and equipment clean and organized at all times.
- Properly care for and maintain all equipment assigned to the spray rig.
- Performing aeration and seeding services in the Fall.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 year of industry experience or closely related field of work.
- Must hold C03-HLT certification test as required by the TDA
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and qualifying MVR for company auto insurance
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and charismatic demeanor at all times.
- Able to interact professionally with customers, team members, and others at all times.
- Generally M-F 7:15 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. with some Saturdays required during peak season.
- Required to work outdoors in seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather)
- Superior family oriented company culture built on respect & professionalism.
- Drug free workplace promoting diversity in the workforce.
- Company culture of “safety first” at all times.
- Numerous opportunities for training and continuing education
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation of $16.00 to $18.00 per hour based on skills and experience
- Opportunities for overtime during the busy seasons
- Paid vacation (PTO) and 7 paid holidays after one year
- Simple IRA plan available after one year (3% match)
- Health insurance provided after 90 days